WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE? Male pregnancy pouch or Color Changing Serum?

WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

• Male Pregnancy Pouch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color Changing Serum

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Seahorsekelly69

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

In this day and age of technological advances, you just never know what the future holds! So, which cool seahorse characteristic would you choose for us humans to have the ability to copy?

1. Male Pregnancy Pouch - A synthetic womb created by scientists, complete with placenta and umbilical cord that can be surgically placed into a male's lower abdomen. If a couple wants to have a child, but the woman has medical issues that make a pregnancy high risk, or the couple involves 2 males, or for whatever reason, the couple decides it would be best for the male to carry the child: in vitro fertilization can be used, in which the egg and sperm are collected and fertilized in a lab. The male pouch can be surgically placed into the male's lower abdomen, and then 9 months later baby is removed via c-section. Just like seahorses, human males could carry offspring. However, the male could never remove the pouch. Men with c-section flaps would become a thing!

2. Color changing serum or injection - A serum made by scientists (based on research into seahorse chromatophores - the sack-like organs in a seahorse's skin that contain different pigments, and expand or contract in response to stimuli, making the seahorse change color) that would allow a person to change colors like a seahorse. After taking the serum, you could literally blend into your environment, or change colors at will. You could turn gold to match an outfit, or glow yellow to impress a girl or guy. You could turn your skin the color of your favorite sports team during a big game, and then quickly change to another color if they lost, lol. But, while you could control the color changes 99% of the time, once in a while, you might turn grey just because you were bored, or blue because you were sad. 1% of the time, the color changes would tell the world how you are really feeling.

(Remember, this poll is designed to get us thinking about cool opportunities, and is all in fun. Neither option is real).

Tonight's poll was thought up based on a suggestion from Emily Rose Mahlmann. Thanks! Please message us or comment with any suggestions for future polls, or questions that you would like to see how others answer!

46811243_1954952054588822_6702995355371307008_n.gif

Male pouch
46820484_345828079515234_8425661516086247424_n.gif

Color changing skin

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back