OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow scaper... thanks so much for the list!

I guess i can put a yellow corris in there then or at least give it a try :)

Any limit on certain types? Or male and female compatible? Like if i was to get 2 males or 2 females of a flasher

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a barebottom tank and have done fine with yellow corris and also malnarus both not very aggressive and love to take care of pests.

Ok im definetely going to get a yellow corris :)

Do i have to introduce certain wrasse first? Or can i just put all them in whenever

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my tanks are bare bottom and I've kept all sorts of wrasses without a sand bed. Fairies, flashers, leopards, you name it really. Having no sand was never a problem, having no lid on my tank was and I finally gave up.

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my tanks are bare bottom and I've kept all sorts of wrasses without a sand bed. Fairies, flashers, leopards, you name it really. Having no sand was never a problem, having no lid on my tank was and I finally gave up.

+1 on that the last time a tried a flasher within two weeks he was on the floor, and that was a tank with a canopy, and he still found his way out the back side

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any limit on certain types? Or male and female compatible? Like if i was to get 2 males or 2 females of a flasher
No limits, per se. I have four different Paracheilinus in my 120 right now. I plan to add more. You will, more than likely, see aggression issues when you put a new inhabitant in of the same genus. The best thing you could do is to add most of what you want all at one time to avoid aggression issues, assuming that your tank is very well biologically established and can handle a large new load. Otherwise you will need to use an acclimation box or hamster ball or something to get the current inhabitants used to the new guy without him getting beat up.

Females also help the males keep their vibrant colors and make them flash more. The only problem is that a lot of the females aren't really anything special to look at. My favorite female wrasse is the C. solorensis. You can try an assortment of females with the males if you so wish. That is entirely up to you.

Aquascaper

Pro: Fish, Inverts
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1-
Coris wrasses are stunning as a small group of 3 or 4 when young (tiny), but given time to grow- their desire for con specifics diminishes...

Most of the "flasher" and "fairy" wrasses are natural harem fish- a pair is often sufficient in the "fairy" Genus- yet tank surface area should be taken into consideration when adding most any variation of a possible breeding pair due to nesting aggressiveness....

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No limits, per se. I have four different Paracheilinus in my 120 right now. I plan to add more. You will, more than likely, see aggression issues when you put a new inhabitant in of the same genus. The best thing you could do is to add most of what you want all at one time to avoid aggression issues, assuming that your tank is very well biologically established and can handle a large new load. Otherwise you will need to use an acclimation box or hamster ball or something to get the current inhabitants used to the new guy without him getting beat up.

Females also help the males keep their vibrant colors and make them flash more. The only problem is that a lot of the females aren't really anything special to look at. My favorite female wrasse is the C. solorensis. You can try an assortment of females with the males if you so wish. That is entirely up to you.

Well its been about a month of cycling now and i have 2 (used to be 3) blue chromis i put in there about 2-3 weeks ago and the 2 are doing great. Im going to try to put all of the same type in the same time, im also thinking about getting an acclimation box so i should be good just in case i dont. Theres just too many wrasses to choose from....

OP
OP
Supreme Reefs

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1-
Coris wrasses are stunning as a small group of 3 or 4 when young (tiny), but given time to grow- their desire for con specifics diminishes...

Most of the "flasher" and "fairy" wrasses are natural harem fish- a pair is often sufficient in the "fairy" Genus- yet tank surface area should be taken into consideration when adding most any variation of a possible breeding pair due to nesting aggressiveness....

Yeah im thinking now i wouldnt want a breeding pair because of that... would be nice to see some babies though :)

Back