White blob on euhpyllia paraancora

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vetekli
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Vetekli

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2024
Messages
115
Reaction score
32
Location
Sweden
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this euphyllia for about a year and it has grown quite well from a small frag. However i have seen this strange blob growing on one of the polyps, any idea what it is? It was pretty small at first but has grown. Do i need to do anything? The coral opens up as normal during the day. Looks like coral tissue?

YVH8ayp.jpeg


I also noticed some white at the edge on another polyp, see pic below.

hF6OsqE.jpeg


I dont know what could be causing this. I might have a bit too much flow and i have a clown pair that are host by euphyllia, they seem a bit too rough with them but their favourite seems to be two other ones that are close by. Have not seem them in this one.
 
Possibly a type of sponge growth?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new