White bugs on torch coral

jy808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have started to notice little white bugs crawling and and down the polyps of my torch. It looks similar to copepods but smaller.
I do not have a large population of copepods in my tank.

The torch is fully extended and doesn't seem to be bothered by it (yet), but just preparing for the worst.

I did a CoralRX dip immediately, but it did not come off. I did notice a flat worm come out after the dip, so the dip did something at the very least.

After googling it appears that alot of people are encountering this 'Euphyllia Bug', but no real information about it. Any intel about this?

OP
OP
J

jy808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody has encountered this problem before? Anyone?

OP
OP
J

jy808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral RX.

Upon google search, it does seem like some people have encountered this before which affected their torch (on other forums).

OP
OP
J

jy808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP here.

I never really found a solution to the little white bugs, and I've continued to see the white bugs for the past 3 months.
The same torch hasn't been healthy lately, but that is mainly due to flatworms.

I have been told by LFS that it's possibly Amphipods.

gonzo620

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had them crawling all over a purple frogspawn colony. The colony didn’t mind. One time I came home with a pair of skunk cleaners and one of the shrimps found them tasty. It wiped them out. Haven’t seen them since.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Any pics to help identify?

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP here.

I never really found a solution to the little white bugs, and I've continued to see the white bugs for the past 3 months.
The same torch hasn't been healthy lately, but that is mainly due to flatworms.

I have been told by LFS that it's possibly Amphipods.

any tips or pics for the flatworms? Looks like my frogspawn has one. Looks like a white worm cooled up in one of its tubes. The frogspawn is extended and growing like crazy but not sure what it is and if it’s an issue, I wanted to get ahead of it

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Any solution on this, i have noticed my FS not extending and low and behold whit dots moving around
first action is to dip the coral.

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any solution on this, i have noticed my FS not extending and low and behold whit dots moving around
Dip the coral like @vetteguy53081 said. I use coral rx but also my “flatworm” wasn’t actually a flatworm and I haven’t noticed the “the white bugs” anymore either. Frogspawn is as happy as a clam.

Ljshelby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dip the coral like @vetteguy53081 said. I use coral rx but also my “flatworm” wasn’t actually a flatworm and I haven’t noticed the “the white bugs” anymore either. Frogspawn is as happy as a clam.
Rx worked? I have dipped her in revive but no luck. Putting an order in for the RX going to give her a try lol

Ljshelby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So the frogspawn is not doing any better, has anyone had luck with revive? I ordered RX so im going to try that when it gets in.

Perfectly_Imperfekt1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
found this thread and checking in to see if anyone actually fixed the problem. I’m thinking that these white bugs are causing my torches to have thin or thinner tentacles. Stressing my torches. My tank is over a year old and I do regular ICP tests(moonshiner method for a year). I took 2 torches out and did a KFC dip to see if that helps. I have no flatworms or other pests. But I have noticed these white specks or bugs.

you can see in this video the white specks and I saw a white bug move across the mouth of this torch while it was in the KFC dip this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_2069.MOV
    73.6 MB

Crab Killer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed the white bugs all over starting about 2 weeks ago and at the same time I noticed that two of 3 of my 5 frogspawn have not been opening much. About a week ago, one of the FS died and now today a second has died and the 3rd is staying shrunk in mostly. The other 2 FS look fine. I just don't know what to do, I've been keeping my water parameters very stable and in good specs so this seems to be related to the white bugs that are all over.

rongy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I noticed the white bugs all over starting about 2 weeks ago and at the same time I noticed that two of 3 of my 5 frogspawn have not been opening much. About a week ago, one of the FS died and now today a second has died and the 3rd is staying shrunk in mostly. The other 2 FS look fine. I just don't know what to do, I've been keeping my water parameters very stable and in good specs so this seems to be related to the white bugs that are all over.
Sorry to revive an old thread. Dipping them in CoralRX will help. I encountered this couple time. My torches were not opening during the day, so I dipped them in CoralRX and those bugs fell off. After the dip, they opened fine. Trying to find some fishes that eat them. I have a six line wrasse in the tank but doesn’t seem to help

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back