OP
OP
jmoney7

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I normally add it into my sump but it should be fine as long as you’re adding it to a high flow area where it doesn’t fall directly on a piece of coral.
Yeah I did it just fell to my sand bed but will add to my sump tomorrow morning for second dose

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I did it just fell to my sand bed but will add to my sump tomorrow morning for second dose
I will also mention this: don’t get discouraged. Takes several days to see improvement. As long as you don’t see them getting worse, I would stay the course of treatment. I’ve had an ich outbreak in the past where I lost all but three fish (9 died); was not treating with medic. This time I haven’t lost a single fish to ich and I have 5 tangs in this system. My only loss in the last several weeks has been a wrasse where there was an obvious injury.

OP
OP
jmoney7

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will also mention this: don’t get discouraged. Takes several days to see improvement. As long as you don’t see them getting worse, I would stay the course of treatment. I’ve had an ich outbreak in the past where I lost all but three fish (9 died); was not treating with medic. This time I haven’t lost a single fish to ich and I have 5 tangs in this system. My only loss in the last several weeks has been a wrasse where there was an obvious injury.
That’s good to know thank you for the help! How long should I treat the bottle says twice a day for 10 days 22 days max

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s good to know thank you for the help! How long should I treat the bottle says twice a day for 10 days 22 days max
I spoke a lot to my LFS on this and they said “treat till you don’t see spots for at least 10 days” so I treated for 41 days total. I suspect that my deep sand bed and large water volume largely made the treatment period longer than it would have been otherwise (I have a ~250 gallon system). At the end of the day all the fish stayed fat and healthy and I had one or two corals that were upset for a day or two but went back to normal.

OP
OP
jmoney7

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke a lot to my LFS on this and they said “treat till you don’t see spots for at least 10 days” so I treated for 41 days total. I suspect that my deep sand bed and large water volume largely made the treatment period longer than it would have been otherwise (I have a ~250 gallon system). At the end of the day all the fish stayed fat and healthy and I had one or two corals that were upset for a day or two but went back to normal.
Awesome yeah thank you so much for the help! I will update on this thread in a week or so hopefully it works I think I caught it quick.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome yeah thank you so much for the help! I will update on this thread in a week or so hopefully it works I think I caught it quick.
If that is ick, it will come and then disappear, then reappear with more dots, then less then more and so on.
In later stages the fish will either diminish eating or stop, become lathargic maybe scratch or rub.

Only Copper based and hypo salinity are proven to cure ick, but with no QT, can’t use that.

Keep us posted.

OP
OP
jmoney7

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that is ick, it will come and then disappear, then reappear with more dots, then less then more and so on.
In later stages the fish will either diminish eating or stop, become lathargic maybe scratch or rub.

Only Copper based and hypo salinity are proven to cure ick, but with no QT, can’t use that.

Keep us posted.
Will do if fish start to die I will set up qt and try to catch survivors and put them on copper it would just be difficult and expensive because I would have to buy copper then most likely buy Hanna test kit as well. I’m just a college student so don’t got a ton of funds lol. I am not gonna give up even if things go south I’ve already put too much time and money into this hobby to give up because of a minor hiccup. Hope all goes well.

OP
OP
jmoney7

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: the royal gramma looks like there is only 1 or 2 white dots on him today however the tang is laying on the bottom heavily breathing. Do yall think it is worth taking him out and setting up a quarantine tank or is he too far gone?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what you can do, what’s available to you.
At this point, there’s a clear issue so I’d take him out and treat with copper.
To far gone…..not necessarily.
But depends on what you are able to do quickly.
If your going to treat one, treat both.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 72 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back