White crab with black claws

JoeyDiesel

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2018
Messages
49
Reaction score
99
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bunch or emerald crabs and noticed a baby crab living on a frogspawn coral.
After hand feeding him thinking he was a baby emerald crab I've never seen any harm to any corals, but recently the frogspawn has started looking in happy.
Could this actually be an acro crab or guerilla crab?

IMG_20181127_000002~2.jpg


IMG_20181126_235957~2.jpg


IMG_20181126_234157~3.jpg
 
Definitely has pointy black claws. I also hear that spikey isn't good either but then it doesn't seem to have hairy legs.
 
Definitely has pointy black claws. I also hear that spikey isn't good either but then it doesn't seem to have hairy legs.

They do not always get very hairy until they mature. The eyes are far apart and the claws black so I would not think it was friendly.

 
**Update**

Somehow I managed to pick him out without too much trouble. Seems like he does have hairy legs :/ will see how well the frogspawn does without him! Thanks for all the help guys

IMG_20181128_213504~2.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new