White growth growing from blastomussa frag

Marinereefiner

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2020
Messages
49
Reaction score
35
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

For several months now I have noticed that there are white strings almost worm like that are growing from the bottom of my blastomussa frag. They are growing out from it and the surrounding rock work. I have tried to research but cannot come up with a definitive answer to what it is. Assuming it is some kind filter feeder. Don’t think it is part of the blasto?

Any ideas? Doesn’t seem to be affecting the blastomussa at all.

IMG_0845.jpeg IMG_0843.jpeg IMG_0846.jpeg IMG_0844.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new