White hairs/roots ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mh0ward
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mh0ward

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2023
Messages
330
Reaction score
326
Location
BG
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping someone knows what these are, they look like little white hairs or small plant roots. They’re only in that section of my rockwork, tank’s been running for ~14 mos
IMG_7236.jpeg
 
It’s definitely not feather dusters. It literally looks like grass roots or something. Whatever they are doesn’t seem to move either, I’m kinda clueless. I might try plucking one of the fibers later and looking under a microscope.
 
Look like this?
IMG_7256.jpeg
IMG_7257.jpeg
Maybe? It doesn’t quite look like that, but these fibers are currently short, so maybe they will eventually look like that?
IMG_7245.jpeg

Tried zooming in a bit, probably best pic I can get until I get a DSLR or something other than phone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new