• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

White Margin Anemonefish with Merten's Carpet Anemone

Overboard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice pair of healthy White Margin Anemonefish (Amphiprion cf. latifasciatus) with Merten's Carpet Anemone
(Stichodactyla mertensii). These originate from a small area on the northeast coast of Madagascar and I have kept them for well over a year. They were housed in my 360 gallon display tank for several months, but I moved them out when I added a pair of A. chrysogaster. They have been in a 40 breeder for at least 6 months but really need more room. The Merten's had green tips in my display when under stronger lighting. Right now, there is a single Kessil 360 lighting the tank. I hate to give them up as I personally feel they may become hard to acquire over time as their range is so limited. I don't know of any breeders offering these yet.

I purchased the fish from NY Aquatic in early 2019 where they typically sell for $899/pair with no anemone. Asking $650 for the pair, including the anemone, for a good home.

Local pick up only.

White Margin Pair with Mertens 1.jpg

White Margin Pair with Mertens 2.jpg

Thanks!
Mark

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back