Maroon Clownfish Pair with Ocellaris Pair

BCrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 55 gallon tank with the Ocellaris Pair in it and i eventually upgraded my tank into a 210 gallon tank and later on bought a pair of Maroon clownfish along with their own anemone. The 2 pairs were decently far away from each other in their anemones and the Maroons have started to host both of the anemones at the same time leaving the Ocellaris pair to stay off to the side or in the rocks if they ever go into it. They also seem to have zero interest in the new anemone in the tank since they got chased away the first time. They seem to stay close to the anemone they got pushed out of and the Maroon clownfish seem to chase them away but at weird times they will be at the same anemone when the light it off. Would it be best to get rid of the Ocellaris pair or could I could try and push the Maroons back to their anemone to keep them settled in that area.

I thought of buying the smaller clownfish a new anemone that is somewhat small and would mainly be on the glass in the back for them but I feel the Maroons would eventually get to it and do the same or "love" the anemone to death.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a 55 gallon tank with the Ocellaris Pair in it and i eventually upgraded my tank into a 210 gallon tank and later on bought a pair of Maroon clownfish along with their own anemone. The 2 pairs were decently far away from each other in their anemones and the Maroons have started to host both of the anemones at the same time leaving the Ocellaris pair to stay off to the side or in the rocks if they ever go into it. They also seem to have zero interest in the new anemone in the tank since they got chased away the first time. They seem to stay close to the anemone they got pushed out of and the Maroon clownfish seem to chase them away but at weird times they will be at the same anemone when the light it off. Would it be best to get rid of the Ocellaris pair or could I could try and push the Maroons back to their anemone to keep them settled in that area.

I thought of buying the smaller clownfish a new anemone that is somewhat small and would mainly be on the glass in the back for them but I feel the Maroons would eventually get to it and do the same or "love" the anemone to death.
Chances are the maroon in the end will not allow another clown in the tank. Plenty have issues just getting maroon to pair due to aggression.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chances are the maroons will kill any other clowns you add and eventually kill the other clowns in the tank, thats why its usually recommended to not keep maroons with other clowns and only keep one pair of clowns per tank

OP
OP
B

BCrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright thank you ill probably end up taking them back I never thought of it because of the tank size and I got lucky since they were already paired when I got them but thank you again for the advice. Also will they really only go after other clown fish or will I have to worry about any other fish being around the Maroons

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright thank you ill probably end up taking them back I never thought of it because of the tank size and I got lucky since they were already paired when I got them but thank you again for the advice. Also will they really only go after other clown fish or will I have to worry about any other fish being around the Maroons
Clowns for sure. Everything else cross your fingers.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back