White mark ID help please

CristinaNTimothy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone

Does anyone know what this may be? This purple has been in copper treatment and qt’d. I just noticed this today and was wondering if it looks like ich, or possibly a pice of sand. Does look a little protruding.

Thanks.

IMG_7682.jpeg IMG_7685.jpeg IMG_7692.jpeg IMG_7691.jpeg IMG_7693.jpeg IMG_7695.png

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It could be an injury - it could be a parasite - but it's hard to tell in the light you're using. my guess is that it's an injury - it could be a lymphocystis lesion as well - depending on when you got it, etc. I would watch - and if worsening - that is more of an issue. To directly answer your question - it does not look like Ich.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello everyone

Does anyone know what this may be? This purple has been in copper treatment and qt’d. I just noticed this today and was wondering if it looks like ich, or possibly a pice of sand. Does look a little protruding.

Thanks.

IMG_7682.jpeg IMG_7685.jpeg IMG_7692.jpeg IMG_7691.jpeg IMG_7693.jpeg IMG_7695.png
keep an eye on this. Can be debris which will fall off, can be a mucus cone in which if true will increase in 24 hours or even a sand grain

OP
OP
CristinaNTimothy

CristinaNTimothy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be an injury - it could be a parasite - but it's hard to tell in the light you're using. my guess is that it's an injury - it could be a lymphocystis lesion as well - depending on when you got it, etc. I would watch - and if worsening - that is more of an issue. To directly answer your question - it does not look like Ich.
Thank you for the comment I appreciate it. I hoping something not so serious. I will keep an eye out and see if I can get a better photo under white light.

OP
OP
CristinaNTimothy

CristinaNTimothy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep an eye on this. Can be debris which will fall off, can be a mucus cone in which if true will increase in 24 hours or even a sand grain
Ok thank you, I will continue to monitor him and I’m hoping it’s debris. I will see how he goes in the. Ext day or so and if anything I’ll post another pic under better lighting. Thank you so much for your time I appreciate it.

OP
OP
CristinaNTimothy

CristinaNTimothy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it turn out to be a piece of debris I’m guessing . I woke up this morning and checked on him and the spot is gone. Clean and nothing there at all.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So it turn out to be a piece of debris I’m guessing . I woke up this morning and checked on him and the spot is gone. Clean and nothing there at all.

Thanks again everyone for your help.
As suspected and great to hear

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 78.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back