White Seedy Looking Things on Snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter nizikki
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nizikki

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone ID what is on these snails? Just came home from LFS and I see these on every snail’s behind— it’s also on top of one.
Could it be nerite snail eggs? I have them floating but I don’t want to release anything weird in there
Thanks in advance

IMG_1077.jpeg IMG_1078.jpeg
 
I would at least scrub them off with fresh water and a soft tooth brush. If you have hydrogen peroxide I would do a dilution dip. It's what I do.
But I can't make out the unknown in the images.
 
I know, I couldn’t get a better picture 🫠 I’ll do that, thanks
 
Hey thanks for your reply. I think it was actually pieces of sand 🤣😅 When I dropped the other snails in, they all had pieces of sand sticking to their bodies and it looked the same. All is well in the tank so I’m gonna go with that
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new