White slime

stevensbud

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put a sump together for my tank and I have a white slime growing in the return hose. Not growing in the tank any yet what is causing this? It's a clear hose maybe my lights? Is it bad or just ugly?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put a sump together for my tank and I have a white slime growing in the return hose. Not growing in the tank any yet what is causing this? It's a clear hose maybe my lights? Is it bad or just ugly?
Probably bacteria. That‘s normal.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If possible, replace the clear tubing with black (or another color) so the light doesn't promote growth... It will clog with algae pretty quickly otherwise.

OP
OP
S

stevensbud

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If possible, replace the clear tubing with black (or another color) so the light doesn't promote growth... It will clog with algae pretty quickly otherwise.
Thank you

Matty Ice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it look like this? I’m a few weeks into a fishless cycle on my XL300 and got this whitish slime everywhere. I’m assuming it’s bacteria. Maybe this is the biome everyone is talking about nowadays?
926D21DF-CD10-46B6-9491-57525ED0B25C.jpeg

jay-hurt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you happen to figure out what this was? I have a clear slime/film on my walls of the sump and weir that is similar. Is it bacterial bloom of some sort?

I'm going through a filter roll a week and wondering if it's part of my problem.

Back