White slug type thing or sponge?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MRRBW
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MRRBW

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2014
Messages
440
Reaction score
150
Location
Montreal, Qc
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cleaned out the skimmer portion of my box filter and pulled out the plastic grid that supports the skimmer and found it full of these white soft/gooey things. They don't move fast, are attached with what seems a slime layer and they mostly protruded out away from the foot attached to the grid. Any thoughts on what these are?
IMG_5790.JPG
 
thanks. Wasn't worried about them being harmful, just curious as to what they are. I find the littlest random findings in my tank sometimes to be the most interesting part of having a reef tank. Thanks guys!
 
Pineapple sponge. Asked the same question last week when I found them all in my skimmer and return pump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new