OP
OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that event, you lift the rock slowly with the net underneath and transfer to a bucket with tank water. During the process, it may release and fall into net. If not, it will come out of rock in bucket and you quickly lift the rock and its out in the open
Update: I just woke up and checked him, the spots are still visible but seem to be more faded away and less elevated. Pretty sure I can say it is not ich, as that would drop off and dissapeae in one go as opposed to fading away, right?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Update: I just woke up and checked him, the spots are still visible but seem to be more faded away and less elevated. Pretty sure I can say it is not ich, as that would drop off and dissapeae in one go as opposed to fading away, right?
As mentioned, I’m seeing secondary bacterial lesions and urge you to treat with ruby rally pro ASAP

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich spots don’t fade, they come and go. Given your description that these showed up after the tank cleaning, I’d say these are just minor skin damage from that.

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish are covered in a thick mucus layer, occasionally flecks of sand/detritus can end up in this and look scarily like certain infections.

A possibility is that some of the stuff kicked up during the cleaning got into its mucus and that’s what you’re seeing.

OP
OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish are covered in a thick mucus layer, occasionally flecks of sand/detritus can end up in this and look scarily like certain infections.

A possibility is that some of the stuff kicked up during the cleaning got into its mucus and that’s what you’re seeing.
Yeah that makes sense
Thanks

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It started about August 2023,
Sorry, was meant to say that I cured that outbreak and reintroduced the fish last Decemeber, been ich free since then (and hope that I still am providing that these spots aren't ich)
Got it….just needed to be sure. I really don’t see ick in your pics, I see something, Brook, maybe, I have a habit of not taking action until I know what I’m dealing with.

I react slower these days as sometimes it was better to do nothing at all.

But I do keep careful watch and be as ready as possible to treat.

A healthy and active fish who aggressively eats can ward off many things.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brad Coughlan

Brad Coughlan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it….just needed to be sure. I really don’t see ick in your pics, I see something, Brook, maybe, I have a habit of not taking action until I know what I’m dealing with.

I react slower these days as sometimes it was better to do nothing at all.

But I do keep careful watch and be as ready as possible to treat.

A healthy and active fish who aggressively eats can ward off many things.
Thanks

Yeah, I am planning on helping the improvement of the health of my fish in general by culturing my own whiteworms, which seems to feed them with good gut bacteria and can help them fight off parasites, I still like the idea of this even without an active outbreak. I'll purchase a culture kit shortly and give that a shot

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 81 77.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back