White spots under actinic lights

mauriciocalzado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a long time question... Do you guys also see little white spots on your yellow tangs under low actinic lights at the end of the day? Im really freaked about having ich... BTW, the YT is acting normal, eating a lot, not scratching. Its something that i always see at low dimming actinic lights. Here and there i see some posts about it, and no consensus about that

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a long time question... Do you guys also see little white spots on your yellow tangs under low actinic lights at the end of the day? Im really freaked about having ich... BTW, the YT is acting normal, eating a lot, not scratching. Its something that i always see at low dimming actinic lights. Here and there i see some posts about it, and no consensus about that
Having multiple yellow tangs and never seen this. Also, pics under those lights would help with assessment.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not white spots per-se, but yellow tangs have ctenoid scales that can look sort of "dusty" when viewed from the side.

Jay

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back