OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this crap. It was when I was dosing nopox and didn’t need to be. I stopped the nopox and it cleared up in a couple weeks. Once nitrates start to rise I will start back up the nopox at half dose as before. B

The only thing I add is reef energy for zoas but looks like I’m going to cut it out. It seems to be the culprit. But that was once a week. I’m going to cut it out and just spot feed. Until I can upgrade to a Strictly a zoa tank with a good sump set up.

OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this crap. It was when I was dosing nopox and didn’t need to be. I stopped the nopox and it cleared up in a couple weeks. Once nitrates start to rise I will start back up the nopox at half dose as before. B

OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I posted the same thing twice not realizing the post was on the next page. Rookie mistake.

OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s everyone doing? The “white stringy” was eradicated from my tank, then it cleared up, then it got foggy again, then did a water change and it cleared up, now for the past two weeks it goes from foggy to clear no change in water parameters I used clarify and it took two days to clear up. Now it’s returning to foggy. I have a feeling my tank is becoming bipolar. No drastic changes no nothing. It’s not bothering any tank inhabitants it’s really just driving my crazy.

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s everyone doing? The “white stringy” was eradicated from my tank, then it cleared up, then it got foggy again, then did a water change and it cleared up, now for the past two weeks it goes from foggy to clear no change in water parameters I used clarify and it took two days to clear up. Now it’s returning to foggy. I have a feeling my tank is becoming bipolar. No drastic changes no nothing. It’s not bothering any tank inhabitants it’s really just driving my crazy.

I would think that eventually things would balance out over time. Odd that you keep seeing this ebb and flow of a bacterial bloom.

OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think that eventually things would balance out over time. Odd that you keep seeing this ebb and flow of a bacterial bloom.

I’m just going to be patient and ride it out for the next month and see what happens.

OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s back everyone!!!!
IMG_5601.JPG

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it’s back everyone!!!!
IMG_5601.JPG

As bad as last time?

I’m curious, what are you feeding/adding to the tank for dosing or any supplements? What salt do you use? What is your fresh water source and is it zero TDS?

OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As bad as last time?

I’m curious, what are you feeding/adding to the tank for dosing or any supplements? What salt do you use? What is your fresh water source and is it zero TDS?

I feed flakes to the two clowns I have. Add aminos once a week on Mondays. Feed the zoas once a week coral frenzy. I dose seachem fusion 1 and 2. Parameters were in balance. I’m thinking my cat might have cause something to happen. She jumped up on the mesh screen. Water change actually has helped it clear up. It was worse this time around. But clearing up quicker. I hate the all in one system. But I did just get an 80gal rimless from deep blue. Will be filling it up in the next 6 months.

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed flakes to the two clowns I have. Add aminos once a week on Mondays. Feed the zoas once a week coral frenzy. I dose seachem fusion 1 and 2. Parameters were in balance. I’m thinking my cat might have cause something to happen. She jumped up on the mesh screen. Water change actually has helped it clear up. It was worse this time around. But clearing up quicker. I hate the all in one system. But I did just get an 80gal rimless from deep blue. Will be filling it up in the next 6 months.

I was just curious what you are adding since typically bacteria that looks like that in my experience comes from a strong carbon source or something in the tank decaying. What are you dosing for aminos?

OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just curious what you are adding since typically bacteria that looks like that in my experience comes from a strong carbon source or something in the tank decaying. What are you dosing for aminos?

I use chemi blue carbon bag. Believe it or not it cleared up this morning. I use part A and B Reef energy. 2mL. Also just got an 80gallon deep blue lagoon. I plan to have up and running in a year. Going to run the triton method. Back to the carbon source thing it makes sense because it has happened before right after changing the the chemi blue carbo pouch.

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use chemi blue carbon bag. Believe it or not it cleared up this morning. I use part A and B Reef energy. 2mL. Also just got an 80gallon deep blue lagoon. I plan to have up and running in a year. Going to run the triton method. Back to the carbon source thing it makes sense because it has happened before right after changing the the chemi blue carbo pouch.

When I said carbon, I apologize as I wasn’t very clear. I really meant organic carbon such as sugar, vitamin c, vinegar, vodka, NOPOX (from Red Sea). Etc.

I know some Amino supplements have vitamin c or sugars in them, so that’s why I asked. These things could fuel a bacteria bloom in some cases.

But it could be some reaction with the Chemi Pure Blue as well.

OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I said carbon, I apologize as I wasn’t very clear. I really meant organic carbon such as sugar, vitamin c, vinegar, vodka, NOPOX (from Red Sea). Etc.

I know some Amino supplements have vitamin c or sugars in them, so that’s why I asked. These things could fuel a bacteria bloom in some cases.

But it could be some reaction with the Chemi Pure Blue as well.

That’s ok man. But I don’t add anything to cray just reef fusion one or two for calcium and alkalinity. Sense the bloom everything seems happy. And parameters are level. It’s crazy.

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s ok man. But I don’t add anything to cray just reef fusion one or two for calcium and alkalinity. Sense the bloom everything seems happy. And parameters are level. It’s crazy.

As long as the tank is happy, who cares! Just curious what is making it out of balance for the bacteria to bloom like that. Hmm...

OP
OP
HBK's Lagoon

HBK's Lagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the tank is happy, who cares! Just curious what is making it out of balance for the bacteria to bloom like that. Hmm...

I’m just as curious as you. It is a 25gallon all in one. So the littlest thing could do it lol. But I have an 80gallon I just purchased that I plan to have up and running in a year with the triton method. Which I cannot wait to do.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.4%
Back