white stuff building up on my equipment and glass ?

cbringe316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my name is Chris and i am new to this site, I am in the process of setting up new 75 gal tank, Iam doing the fishless cycle using fritzz turbo 900 and dr tims ammonia, its going on 3 weeks now and i noticed alot of white powder like stuff forming on the glass and on the heater expecially even on the pumps or wave makers, i test my ntrite and its about 2.5 ppm and my ammonia is .11 calcium is 453, i am vary new to this and trying to read up but i am geting mixed answers, so maybe some one can give me a pointer on what to do next? my PH is 8.1 and my salt is 33.6 ppt. I have some copepodes being delivered next week will i be ok to add them in? i did allready do a 10 gal water change thiking it would drop my nitrite witch it did a lil bit i was at 5ppm befor. i am lost any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance.....

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping for other suggestions....

A pic of the white stuff will help us identify.

What is the nitrate level? Nitrite is not so important in saltwater, it should be 0 ammonia and some nitrate will have built up

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my name is Chris and i am new to this site, I am in the process of setting up new 75 gal tank, Iam doing the fishless cycle using fritzz turbo 900 and dr tims ammonia, its going on 3 weeks now and i noticed alot of white powder like stuff forming on the glass and on the heater expecially even on the pumps or wave makers, i test my ntrite and its about 2.5 ppm and my ammonia is .11 calcium is 453, i am vary new to this and trying to read up but i am geting mixed answers, so maybe some one can give me a pointer on what to do next? my PH is 8.1 and my salt is 33.6 ppt. I have some copepodes being delivered next week will i be ok to add them in? i did allready do a 10 gal water change thiking it would drop my nitrite witch it did a lil bit i was at 5ppm befor. i am lost any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance.....
Please read this... (Scroll down past the equipment sections if you don't need the info)

OP
OP
cbringe316

cbringe316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i just tested my nitrate and i am at 0 my nitrite is 2.5 or maybe more my ph is 8.1 temp 76 degrees 33.8 salt ammonia is .10 and cal is 453 i cant figure out to add an immage

OP
OP
cbringe316

cbringe316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured it out first image shows that white stuff good

Attachments

• IMG_3301.jpeg
    IMG_3301.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3300.jpeg
    IMG_3300.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
cbringe316

cbringe316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump… so i figured out the white stuff was just debree from my sand, but now i am having a problem with my nitrite its at least a 5 on the api test chart, my ammonia is .12 .my nitrate is 0 , i dont know what i should do? its a new tank cycling about 3.5 weeks into it. I used fritz Turbo 900…i stoped dosing ammonia and was going to let it ride for a few days, but i keep reading up to do a big water change my ph is 8.1 salt is 33.5 alk is 9.5 calcium is 453 any recommendations would greatly be appreciated becauee this week i would like to add the ceopods but not going to if there just going to die …. thank you in advance!!!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 29.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back