White tipped hammer split - Fragging

  • Thread starter Thread starter pelphrey
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2015
Messages
4,110
Reaction score
5,929
Location
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White tipped hammer split. Can I use bone cutters and cut the heads apart and glue the new piece on a frag plug? Or is this not advised?

White%20Tipped%20Hammer%20Split_zpsblpmse0s.jpg


IMG_3475_zps3tb8brhr.jpg
 
Give it more time and the heads will grow onto separate "branches". I wouldn't frag it how it is. It only has 1 head that is splitting, why the rush to frag it?
 
No rush, I just need to move some frags around and since I would be in the tank anyway I figured I would check. I need to order some elbow gloves or the gardening tool I've seen people use to keep my hands out. Thanks for the input!
 
I bought sterile 1 use gloves powder free that i use with rubber bands on my wrist. I find a nice big box of gloves is a lot better than the elbow gloves. If water gets into those you'll have a pretty stinky glove :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new