White worm identification friend or foe

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nubie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nubie

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Secretary
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cleaning my canister filter and found these critters stuck on the surfaces. I tried googling but didn't find anything.
They are white, round, segmented, soft, and not moving.
I had a sea hare God rest her soul. She would fill my tank with eggs but I don't believe that is what I am seeing.
IMG_20251228_084747985.jpg
IMG_20251228_084714144.jpg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I see some pineapple sponges (white, soft, and generally harmless/beneficial; these tend to boom then bust in population, usually in newer tanks, before going away on their own) and some bubble algae (generally not wanted); I can see some stringy looking things which I can't tell what they are from the pics, but I would guess are either more algae or possibly feather duster worm tubes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new