Who’s still around after all these years?

Falco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whats up HVRK, it seems you guys have gotten a new home!

Not sure how many old school members are still around (I see you Ross) but I was a member over a decade ago before leaving the hobby. Anyway I am working my way back into It and thought I would stop in and say hello!

Hope everyone has been well over the years and looking forward to hearing about your tanks.

-Chris

nine9d

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What up Chris, long time bro. Nice to see you around man. Give me a shout sometime.

L

Localreefer

View Badges
I’ve been gone for some years but getting back, used to be hwntunda here but trying to get my old handle back....

mets17127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not an OG, but I’ve been here a while. Where you at and what are you looking to set up?

mets17127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, cuz making a new topic with Tapatalk is a pain, here’s my most recent FTS
a2f681f2691b68b007dc581df5f12efe.jpg
63a5f6e16e802499185991a79d2fab69.jpg

OP
OP
Falco

Falco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not an OG, but I’ve been here a while. Where you at and what are you looking to set up?

I am located in Scarsdale and working on new build out for a custom 85g tank with filer room in basement. Check out the link to my build thread in my signature. Its a little slow going at the moment as I am still waiting on the tank to come in and I haven't had as much time to work on the filter room as I would like to but I am hoping to get some time down there this weekend.

-Chris

mets17127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, a filter room would be awesome. That’s my only regret. Now I have to deal with little space under the stand and a wife that is always asking why I have stuff everywhere!
I’ve got a 125RR. I liked the 6 foot length for swimming room and the lower profile for dunking my arm in but since I lost my PBT, no one paces as much.

OP
OP
Falco

Falco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, a filter room would be awesome. That’s my only regret. Now I have to deal with little space under the stand and a wife that is always asking why I have stuff everywhere!
I’ve got a 125RR. I liked the 6 foot length for swimming room and the lower profile for dunking my arm in but since I lost my PBT, no one paces as much.

Yeah I am really happy about the filter room but I had DT size constraints which was not my ideal design but I will take what I can get! Wish I had the space for a 6' tank, thats what my old one was and I loved It. My new tank is going to be 32" long x 22" deep by 30" high. I might be banging my head against the wall for going with a 30" tall tank but I had the space to go that high and I will figure a way to make It work. Just going to have to use my wet suit and snorkel on a daily basis.

Aquascaping is also going to be tough but I am waiting for the tank to come in before I really start formulating a plan.

mets17127

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Viewing angle will be great. I’ve gotten into trouble having my hands in the tank too much, so maybe with a deep tank it will be set it and forget it.
My old boss had a tall tank and stacked his rock against the back. It looked great, like a rock back wall, and left some room up front in the sand bed for corals and inverts. Not sure if he was clever enough to leave a space in his stack for water movement behind but it’s doable.

mattdg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Falco, great to meet you. I'm a new member and new to the HVR, but have been keeping reef aquariums for over a decade. Currently running a 120 mixed, focus on SPS, about 8 months in. Build thread posted. Looking forward to following the progress of your new setup.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back