Welcome to R2R!

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Buckster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and Welcome back to the hobby and to R2R! When I got back into the hobby I was looking to buy bioballs. I remember the blue ones that I had in my sump. I'm so glad for the LED lighting as I hated replacing the bulbs and never did as often as I should have. Yes a lot has changed

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, getting back into the hobby after 16 years. I had a really well established 120 gal that I was forced to tear down when I moved back in 2008 and never got around to setting back up. That tank is long gone now. Couple weeks ago my now 17 year old daughter says "remember that aquarium you had when I was little?... Can we do that again?"
Well, I figured we'd start small with the 20 gal I had in the basement. Already had some gear left in a box... Like heater, some plumbing, 600gph pump...
A week later we had a brand new 60gal cube and stand. It's all filled now, just waiting for the fun to begin.
And wow have things changed in the hobby since. I feel like I'm just having to toss out everything I knew and start over! Thank goodness for this forum! Looking forward to learning all the new info!
Welcome!

OP
OP
Benny9

Benny9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and Welcome back to the hobby and to R2R! When I got back into the hobby I was looking to buy bioballs. I remember the blue ones that I had in my sump. I'm so glad for the LED lighting as I hated replacing the bulbs and never did as often as I should have. Yes a lot has changed
I think my wife tossed out my old bio balls just a few months ago, and I realized the same thing when I went to look into replacing them. I was thinking the same thing about going with LEDs but apparently that topic can get a little heated around here!

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, getting back into the hobby after 16 years. I had a really well established 120 gal that I was forced to tear down when I moved back in 2008 and never got around to setting back up. That tank is long gone now. Couple weeks ago my now 17 year old daughter says "remember that aquarium you had when I was little?... Can we do that again?"
Well, I figured we'd start small with the 20 gal I had in the basement. Already had some gear left in a box... Like heater, some plumbing, 600gph pump...
A week later we had a brand new 60gal cube and stand. It's all filled now, just waiting for the fun to begin.
And wow have things changed in the hobby since. I feel like I'm just having to toss out everything I knew and start over! Thank goodness for this forum! Looking forward to learning all the new info!
Welcome Home GIF

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! You've found a great place here! I was also a returnee after about 20 years and this place has helped me catch up with the new stuff. Great folks who answer a lot of questions, including difficult ones involving chemistry and lighting. Glad you're with us!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back