Who’s that handsome little fella in the mirror?

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh right that’s me! The cutest little puffer ever!
IMG_2770.jpeg
IMG_2771.jpeg

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What is the phosphate level in there?
High it’s home to a pufferfish though lol! But it’s fowlr so I don’t care especially since there’s no algae growth or any major issues so it can’t be too bad. I haven’t tested recently though and don’t typically test.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High it’s home to a pufferfish though lol! But it’s fowlr so I don’t care especially since there’s no algae growth or any major issues so it can’t be too bad. I haven’t tested recently though and don’t typically test.
It looks really clean so I was hoping you had some in there. A lot of reefers getting Dino’s the last few years which are a nightmare.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It looks really clean so I wasn’t hoping you had some in there. A lot of reefers getting Dino’s the last few years which are a nightmare.
The only algae I have is some minor brown glass algae and just a bit on the rocks and it’s more than likely because I don’t leave the lights on all day and don’t add or haven’t added anything like coral with any spores on it. It’s been set up for a few months now and the media is older and the rocks are older too. But nutrients are far from bottomed out lol.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only algae I have is some minor brown glass algae and just a bit on the rocks and it’s more than likely because I don’t leave the lights on all day. It’s been set up for a few months now and the media is older and the rocks are older too. But nutrients are far from bottomed out lol.
Well that’s good. Usually the 3rd month is when things start getting interesting. Brace yourself. :) Algae growth starts picking up.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well that’s good. Usually the 3rd month is when things start getting interesting. Brace yourself. :) Algae growth starts picking up.
So the tank was set up originally in April but I had to take it down since it leaked but I kept everything wet and full of life. So everything is older than that. The tank was set up again in July. I never got any diatoms or any nasty algae both times I set it up. I transferred media and the rock was soaking months prior to this. By now I don’t think I’m going to get any major algae at least not compared to my other tanks lol.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And fear not there’s biodiversity in it. I dosed pods and had the old media in it for awhile I just took it out since the new media replaced it. The tang and the wrasse help keep it clean and free of nuisances. I really like the purple rock too!:)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back