Who all here is in Oregon?

Jim Harrison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Salem, OR.

I've seen a very small few posts from people in Oregon. Are there many of us here?

Favorite LFS? My favorite is Premium here in Salem. I'd like to hear about more stores that you all like. I'm willing to travel to Portland since I work there.

ed130372

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Salem, OR.

I've seen a very small few posts from people in Oregon. Are there many of us here?

Favorite LFS? My favorite is Premium here in Salem. I'd like to hear about more stores that you all like. I'm willing to travel to Portland since I work there.

Hey there. From Gresham myself. There are a few close to me, but hard for me to have an opinion as of yet. Just working on starting up the hobby. I do like to visit the fish st Saltwater Obsessions here in Gresham. I’ve heard of a place that is supposed to have everything for super reasonable prices in Vancouver. Can send you the name when I locate it i f you want.

S.O.MLemos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m down in the medford area and as far as shops go there isn’t much down here. Frog prince in grants pass always has a nice selection of corals and valley aquaria in eagle point has a nice small setup. Looking to make a trip north to check some places out soon though.

OP
OP
Jim Harrison

Jim Harrison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still in the setup phase as well. Should have something soonish. Maybe within a month.

Yeah, I'd love to hear about the shop.

I hear Cuttle Fish and Corals is a pretty good store. Haven't been out there, yet.

OP
OP
Jim Harrison

Jim Harrison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m down in the medford area and as far as shops go there isn’t much down here. Frog prince in grants pass always has a nice selection of corals and valley aquaria in eagle point has a nice small setup. Looking to make a trip north to check some places out soon though.
Salem has Premium Aquarium and it's got a good selection and a lot of helpful knowledge.

Keizer has Tropical Fish and Aquariums - store doesn't look very appealing but Angel has an exceptional amount of knowledge and is willing to go the extra mile.

OP
OP
Jim Harrison

Jim Harrison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best strores in my opinion is 1 Cuttlefish and Coral, 2 All Things Aquarium in Wilsonville.
I think Garrett from The Premium Aquarium in Salem is a co-owner of All Things Aquarium. I'm not really sure, though. I'll be giving them a visit.

Another vote for Cuttlefish and Corals. I'm going to make a stop before work tomorrow I think.

OREGONIC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Garrett from The Premium Aquarium in Salem is a co-owner of All Things Aquarium. I'm not really sure, though. I'll be giving them a visit.

Another vote for Cuttlefish and Corals. I'm going to make a stop before work tomorrow I think.

Cuttlefish is by far the best i have been to, you will be impressed.

Oregon Quacks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jim Harrison did you get a chance to visit Cuttlefish and Coral? I would love to hear what you thought. I am a big fan of All Things Aquarium in Wilsonville. Erin the owner is a great guy.

OP
OP
Jim Harrison

Jim Harrison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jim Harrison did you get a chance to visit Cuttlefish and Coral? I would love to hear what you thought. I am a big fan of All Things Aquarium in Wilsonville. Erin the owner is a great guy.
I went in last week. It's a really nice looking shop. All the corals look healthy and the tanks are well kept. I'm not a fan of the guy who helped me - too snobby and on the rude side for my taste.

I'll give All Things Aquarium a go as well. Thanks for the suggestions!

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upscales in tualatin is great shop. That and cuttlefish are my two go to’s.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back