Who am I, pic included

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReeferBill
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReeferBill

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
832
Reaction score
249
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WHat is this, and is it safe for a FOWLR?
IMG_2644.jpg
 
Thats a polyclad flatworm. They eat snails and clams. If you have one you probably have more. They will not harm your fish. But htey will wipe out your snail population in time. BTW they are nasty looking things and get huge.
 
Polyclad flatworm. If you don't have clams, you should be just fine. They are freaky looking and can get pretty big. You will typically only see them at night (or when lights first come on). You could leave it in there if you wanted to. It can't hurt the fish.
 
Will they eat turbo and astrea snails? I am not putting him in the tank, but do they come as multiples...like where there is one, there are 10? I was going to use the rock it came on for a nano tank that I will have clams, but I dont know if they have tiny babies that can be in the rock. If they come out at night, is it easy to grab them?
 
I am no expert on them, but can tell you the one in my earlier pic was over 3" in size. The rock we found it in had another polyclad that was not quite as large. There was a good sized very gooey (not a very scientific description, but accurate) area that we thought might perhaps be eggs. We ended up scrubbing the rock and let it sit outside for a couple of weeks.

Terry
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new