Who gets professional tank maintenance done?

Nano Reef Q

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really looking to hear from people with smaller tanks as I know professional aquarium maintenance on a large tank can be worth it....in offices etc.

Because I am frustrated with my nitrate parameters (as vented in another forum post not going into here) I am considering using the services of a professional.

Is it worth it? Can they get me balanced on the right weekly formula and I keep it up?? The ones in my area are $$$ but my wasted trials of products and equipment are too...

So have you had a service & what happened? Good or bad?

sa6hir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is nothing they will do different to what you can do. With nitrate large water changes, a good skimmer, correct amount of live rock & don't over feed. If these requirements are not met then no matter what you do or the professional do you will always struggle and have the same problem.

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was younger, about 20 years ago, I did tank set up and maintenance. The hardest part was me having to argue with my clients about what and how much and when to add livestock. The ones that didn't want to listen to my advice had many losses.
In this hobby each person needs to learn everything about his tank in order to spot emerging and ongoing problems. Hiring someone to do routine water changes and general maintenance is ok if one can afford it.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%
Back