who has HOB filters?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dan987
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Do you have a HOB filter?


  • Total voters
    29
and i use whisper as well just take out impellers and cover them with enviro friendly non latex rubber spray or use a brush and cover with eoxy very thin layer to prevent rust
 
and i use whisper as well just take out impellers and cover them with enviro friendly non latex rubber spray or use a brush and cover with eoxy very thin layer to prevent rust

Won't it Come Off with all the Movement from all the Impeller?
 
not if you make sure its not scrubbing anything i had that problem the first time i tried it just make sure the layer is very thin like finger nail paint thin
 
I ran a cheap dr fosters smith brand hob with the built in surface skimmer for a very long time... I used cut to fit filter material and kept it changed out with every weekly water change and from time to time I would throw a carbon filled filter in for a few days then remove... tank ran perfectly with 0 issues :-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 33.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new