Who has lost corals to a longnose butterfly?

Willbiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After so much reading up about the longnose butterfly I'm pretty sure I know all I need to know to have the best shot of successfully introducing one. However the reefsafe aspect of the fish varies alot in peoples experiences.

Those of you who have a longnose butterfly, have you lost corals or have they left them alone? If you have, what did they pick at?

Thanks

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After so much reading up about the longnose butterfly I'm pretty sure I know all I need to know to have the best shot of successfully introducing one. However the reefsafe aspect of the fish varies alot in peoples experiences.

Those of you who have a longnose butterfly, have you lost corals or have they left them alone? If you have, what did they pick at?

Thanks
Mine picks at some corals. Only one it was picking to death was an acan though. I don’t have any trachy or scoly though as I figure those are too tempting. Same with clams.

OP
OP
Willbiker

Willbiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine picks at some corals. Only one it was picking to death was an acan though. I don’t have any trachy or scoly though as I figure those are too tempting. Same with clams.
I have some candy canes which are sort of similar to acans ...ish.. Maybe they would be tempting but the rest i have don't really fit this profile...so I may be ok . Thanks for the feedback

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some candy canes which are sort of similar to acans ...ish.. Maybe they would be tempting but the rest i have don't really fit this profile...so I may be ok . Thanks for the feedback

I have candycanes and it has not bothered them though I did lose a Duncan but not sure if he was picking at that one or not.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping copperbands continuously since the early 70s. No problems yet.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back