Who Likes Blastos?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$75.00 shipped through Fed Ex Priority or if you bid and win any of our ebay auctions then this colony is only 45.00 and can be added to your shipment from eBay!!!
Amazing color!
Gary

IMG_3942.jpg

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to give ebay a try and place some bids but everytime I bid it automatically says I have been outbid and I placed like 3 bets in a row and the outbid message kept coming up:sad:

OP
OP
Reef Pets

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you messed with ebay much? If you are getting a message stating that you have been outbid then that means that the current high bidders has placed a bid higher than the amount that entered. What I have always suggested was to place the highest bid that you are willing to pay for the item and if you win it then great but if not then it sold for more than you were willing to pay anyhow.

Lets say the current bid on a coral is 25.00 and you feel that the coral is worth 80.00 so you place an 80.00 bid. If you are now the high bidder and no one places a bid then you only pay 25.00 for the coral. On the other hand if someone places a 40.00 bid and that is the only bid that gets placed then you only pay 40.00. The only way that you would pay 80.00 is if someone else bid 80.00 as well.
Gary

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you messed with ebay much? If you are getting a message stating that you have been outbid then that means that the current high bidders has placed a bid higher than the amount that entered. What I have always suggested was to place the highest bid that you are willing to pay for the item and if you win it then great but if not then it sold for more than you were willing to pay anyhow.

Lets say the current bid on a coral is 25.00 and you feel that the coral is worth 80.00 so you place an 80.00 bid. If you are now the high bidder and no one places a bid then you only pay 25.00 for the coral. On the other hand if someone places a 40.00 bid and that is the only bid that gets placed then you only pay 40.00. The only way that you would pay 80.00 is if someone else bid 80.00 as well.
Gary
Not really a first timer but definitely a newbie:D I see what your saying though.It was telling me that the bid was at $7.01 and to place a $.50 higher bid so I did,3 times and the message would just keep popping up.So I got frustrated and input $20 and the message still popped up:( I guess someone has already input a set amount like you said:(

OP
OP
Reef Pets

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, thats what it sounds like. Some people only bid once, there maximum amount that they are willing to pay while others try bidding at the last couple of seconds..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back