Who loves AWCs???

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
1,326
Reaction score
828
Location
MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a few days of testing I hooked up the AWC system on my Hydros and love it! I set it up to do a gallon a day and it takes under 10 minutes which will be the equivalent of a 10% weekly water change. Seeing how I rarely do water changes this should make a huge difference for the tank!

The Hydros has a preset setup and all I had to do was add a low sensor and two pumps and it uses the ATO sensor as the high level!

Can't wait to see the benefits of AWCs!!!
 
Drain pump (larger one) did about 1,300 ml/min and fill pump did about 650 ml/min. Ran drain tubing on the ceiling along the rafters in the basement to the main drain stack!
PXL_20260318_174254381.jpg
 
I am in the process of doing this with my Hydros. Looking forward to no longer lugging buckets of water.
 
I built a baby one for my 15 gallon and I love it. It maybe does a cup a day until I get some larger dosing containers, but for my purposes its great.
 
I am in the process of doing this with my Hydros. Looking forward to no longer lugging buckets of water.
It was amazingly easy. Hardest part was deleting the old ATO so it can be incorporated into the AWC
I built a baby one for my 15 gallon and I love it. It maybe does a cup a day until I get some larger dosing containers, but for my purposes its great.
I wish I had been able to do this earlier on in my reefing career with my nano tanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new