Who uses feed modes?

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious who all uses feed modes to reduce or stop flow.

At first I was using it, but my fish at that time would mostly not feed until flow restarted.

I assume this has to do with them being in a new environment at that time, but since they feed fine with the flow on, and my cirals eat fine if I hand them their food with the flow on, I haven't used it since the first month of my tank.

I am considering starting to use it, so I can keep better track of what is consumed instead of ending up in cryptic deadspots, as I know for sure there are things settleing where I cannot see it.

Do you use feed modes? Do you keep flow on reduce or full stop?

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turn off my return pumps when feedings but keep the powerheads running normally. I have several wrasses that only eat out of the water column, so the moment the food hits the bottom it is “invisible” to them. The power heads keep everything moving.

Every couple days I will kill all the pumps when target feeding corals so that the slow eaters like the trachy can get their food.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back