Whoops - Put in RO Membrane Backwards For a Year!

Ironic_Water

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2023
Messages
130
Reaction score
81
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every year I replace my RO membrane. Today was the day - I took it out, only to find I put it in backwards last year.

I believe you're supposed to put the small O-ring side in first to the housing, with the very large brine O-ring nearest the end with the removable cap.

Uh oh. Does it even work at all if you put it in backwards? No wonder my DI resin was being used up so fast...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new