Who's ready for some Modern Warfare 3?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter jaytizzle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Agree with you 100%, COD's ship has sailed. Battlefield is ridiculous!

It's just that they haven't changed anything since MW2. With Battlefield 3 being such a great multiplayer game, its hard for a rehash like MW3 to compete. I am a big fan of COD, I own them all since part one, so I was extremely disappointed to see that they had done nothing new in MW3.

I don't know, maybe I'm just more of a mature gamer now, looking for a shooter with some thought and teamwork. Lol, maybe I'm getting too old for the fast twitch gameplay of COD.


Thanks,

Sonny
 
Just picked it up from walmart, line was crazy long and i was about 300 in line, but I got sent over to the photolab and was put fifth in line. For those of you in an earlier time zone be sure to get there early or you'll be waiting for a long time
 
It's just that they haven't changed anything since MW2. With Battlefield 3 being such a great multiplayer game, its hard for a rehash like MW3 to compete. I am a big fan of COD, I own them all since part one, so I was extremely disappointed to see that they had done nothing new in MW3.

I don't know, maybe I'm just more of a mature gamer now, looking for a shooter with some thought and teamwork. Lol, maybe I'm getting too old for the fast twitch gameplay of COD.


Thanks,

Sonny

Should play search and destroy on cod, bomb objectives and no respawn (when you die your out)...epitomy of requiring teamwork.
 
Should play search and destroy on cod, bomb objectives and no respawn (when you die your out)...epitomy of requiring teamwork.

Yeah, played a ton of search and destroy, CTF, etc. I guess I just like a game with vehicles. :D
 
I started playing the campaign and I am loving it.

I last left off on the Russian airplane mission. I would love to play longer, but I have a management seminar to attend tomorrow.
 
I have never played anything but COD on Xbox, Dont even own another game played it was great at it never moved on. I played Battle feild 1942 on the comp at school back in high school and liked it is it still the same? Just massive online play where you can do anything from run around like COD to fly a plane to a ship?
 
I have never played anything but COD on Xbox, Dont even own another game played it was great at it never moved on. I played Battle feild 1942 on the comp at school back in high school and liked it is it still the same? Just massive online play where you can do anything from run around like COD to fly a plane to a ship?

Well it is now set in the current time period. You can use lots of different vehicles, on maps that are gigantic (compared to COD). Nothing better than turning up the surround sound and going to war with some people :)
 
Well... What do all y'all that picked up MW3 think? I'm already going tonight to get BF3, but wanted to here from those that played MW3 already before I buy both.
 
Well... What do all y'all that picked up MW3 think? I'm already going tonight to get BF3, but wanted to here from those that played MW3 already before I buy both.

Played online for about an hour last night, it is definitely fun. The classes, killstreak, and gun customization has been revamped and is nice. Haven't played enough to five a solid review but have liked what I discovered so far
 
I really like it so far. I've got about 6 hours in. The new gun progressions, pointstreak rewards and strike packages, perks are all pretty awesome. The game seems to be pretty well done. Getting parties together was an issue lastnight but it's better today. The play style is pretty fast paced. I do find that the speed you lose using Assault Rifles makes them practically useless vs a SMG. I've been beasting with UMP45. The support strike package with Escort Airdrop is awesome. I really like this game so far. It's not a noobtoob fest like MW2 was. Sniping is pretty tough, too. I've tried to QS and can do it somewhat well on Blops but wasn't having much success on MW3. Maybe I'll get better but why bother when I'm ruining kids' games with my SMG!

I have to say, Best Buy was a HUGE disappointment. I was #1 in line and pre-ordered my hardened edition on 9/21. My buddy was #2 and he had done the same. We walk in the door and the clown working there says that if you pre-ordered hardened in the store then they have it but the online pre-orders were "kicked back" and they don't have them. what the heck?!?!?!?! Fortunately for me they had 1 extra copy. My buddy wasn't so lucky...

On an aside, I can't believe this thread hit 6 pages already!
 
I am super stoked. I got up at 3:45 this AM to hunt down a hardned edition, after checking 4 stores, I gave up..... I should have pre-ordered I know but didnt for whatever reason..... lesson learned! Anyways, my buddy found 2 hardned editions so I get one! Lucky me. Anyways, hopefully this will be better than black ops and all the predecessors. If anybody wants to play on thursday or friday, let me know! Xbox GT-DecentMoon
Hit me up with invites or requests if you guys want to play!
 
I like how everyone is comparing MW3 and BF3 and which one to get and which not 2; do what I'd do and get them both! If you have an xbox add me I'm crazy kid1o1 and send me a message either here or on xbox so I know who you are.
Long Live Gaming
 
I really like it so far. I've got about 6 hours in. The new gun progressions, pointstreak rewards and strike packages, perks are all pretty awesome. The game seems to be pretty well done. Getting parties together was an issue lastnight but it's better today. The play style is pretty fast paced. I do find that the speed you lose using Assault Rifles makes them practically useless vs a SMG. I've been beasting with UMP45. The support strike package with Escort Airdrop is awesome. I really like this game so far. It's not a noobtoob fest like MW2 was. Sniping is pretty tough, too. I've tried to QS and can do it somewhat well on Blops but wasn't having much success on MW3. Maybe I'll get better but why bother when I'm ruining kids' games with my SMG!

I have to say, Best Buy was a HUGE disappointment. I was #1 in line and pre-ordered my hardened edition on 9/21. My buddy was #2 and he had done the same. We walk in the door and the clown working there says that if you pre-ordered hardened in the store then they have it but the online pre-orders were "kicked back" and they don't have them. what the heck?!?!?!?! Fortunately for me they had 1 extra copy. My buddy wasn't so lucky...

On an aside, I can't believe this thread hit 6 pages already!

Yea I ordered online from best buy and mine also got delayed, I'm hoping to get it tomarrow.:sure:
 
I like how everyone is comparing MW3 and BF3 and which one to get and which not 2; do what I'd do and get them both! If you have an xbox add me I'm crazy kid1o1 and send me a message either here or on xbox so I know who you are.
Long Live Gaming

just bought both. Got lucky and picked up the LE BF3!
 
MW3 Sick when I first got it took a little to get use to it. The feel of moving/shooting and everything is alot diffrent IMO.
 
Going after work to see if I can pick it up at the store, if lines are crazy I'm downloading it from home lol!
I am just afraid I am going to be disappointed after playing bf3?
 
OK. Opened the BF3 1st, played a hour. Pretty good so far. Will be opening MW3 tonight. Not that I'm an awesome gamer, but DIESELGATOR is my tag for any interested.
 
Been playing mw3 for a few hours now and just have to say I think black ops is way better. Might be because I like the slower pace but OMG mw3 is so fast paced that I cant keep up with it. I must just be getting to old, hopefully I csn get used to it.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new