Why are my zoas disappearing

keepingfishwithnoidea

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2024
Messages
671
Reaction score
410
Location
Maldives
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i left for a few days and when i came back, over half my zoa colony disappeared, only 1 polyp was left, no signs of stress. Tank inhabitants were 4 tiny humpbug damsels, 2 baby crested sabertooth blenny, 1 possible hitchicker pistol shrimp, a baby coral banded, and a hermit crab. Ill send a picture of the zoa now when it opens up again. I took it of the frag plug and glued it today because there was a chance the glue wasn't strong enough and it just gpt ripped of from the flow
 
754139ac-45b8-458b-8854-568b15e64491.jpg
Before I bought if from the listing
 
Any unwanted starfish in the tank? What are you water parameters? Any other zoa colonies in there that are fine/untouched? Maybe a full tank shot for reference?
 
Any unwanted starfish in the tank? What are you water parameters? Any other zoa colonies in there that are fine/untouched? Maybe a full tank shot for reference?
My tests kits just expired, yes thwre is oneotger zoa colony and its fine, also before i glued all the corals the plugs kept flipping over, idk what it was. Ill try send some pictures rn
 
4da009a7-830e-436f-8c79-22310575a264.jpg
Here is the coral now, its a little closed up because I just glued it directly on the rock instead of the frag plug
 
The anemone to the left is a huge manjano anemone that is on a seperate rock so it cant hurt my corals, I found that the bug ones dont sperate as quickly and I did take them from the ocean bc they are getting invasive around here
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new