Why being a member of MTRC is awesome.

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to tell a little story of just one of the reasons of being a member of MTRC is so awesome.

I have been an active member for about 3 years now and over that time I have forged some really great friendships. People that I can really count on for many things, and a lot of them not hobby related. This is an example though of a possible major crash to my system that was immediately arrested by having good friends in the club.

I was out of town this week for work and I get a call from my wife that that there is audible alarm going off and she doesnt know what to do. I quickly figure out that it is my ATO telling me the sump is too full. My return pump had completely failed. With a single phone call I had someone willing to stop by and another willing as well through text to check out the issue, but not only just check on it but pull the failed pump out and replace it with a functioning pump within 3 hours of the initial call. I had a backup pump that wouldve run the tank but not the entire manifold which included my bio-pellets and chiller. The pump that was temporarily replaced was almost the exact same pump I had and was able to get the entire system going again with no issue. I came home last night to a very happy tank and I am really grateful to be a part of this club and the members of MTRC.

What could have been a total nightmare was immediately solved within hours.

Big shout out to all the members of MTRC that have been there for me numerous times. You know who you are!

Defective_Weeble

Salty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opened thread. Saw "immediately arrested by having good friends in the club". Remembered walking out of Dowdy's house with a bag of green plant life. Considered canceling my MTRC membership.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way to go MTRC. Always happens when one is to go out of town, the reef God's just know. Good to have a tank sitter lined up for sure!!!

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. I have had the same experiences about 3 years ago when the tornadoes went thru. our power was out and a former member brought a battery backup to my house and hooked a pump up to save my fish.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris you should post this on the Facebook groups.

I dont feel the need to "promote" us over there.

Opened thread. Saw "immediately arrested by having good friends in the club". Remembered walking out of Dowdy's house with a bag of green plant life. Considered canceling my MTRC membership.

LOL....yeah and then someone the other day left my house and had a wreck backing out of my driveway. Police showed up and really did just come over for a bag of chaeto.... hahaha

Way to go MTRC. Always happens when one is to go out of town, the reef God's just know. Good to have a tank sitter lined up for sure!!!

Murphy's Law in full effect.

Awesome. I have had the same experiences about 3 years ago when the tornadoes went thru. our power was out and a former member brought a battery backup to my house and hooked a pump up to save my fish.

It's great to know we got each other's backs in times of crisis.

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!

Glad the other members were there to help, great work team.

Defective_Weeble

Salty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to chime in with my 2 cents, on a serious note for once.

Thanks for not being a home to drama.

Like many of you, this isn't just my hobby. It's my therapy and relaxation. It's quality, family time that I spend with my wife and my kids. The absolute last thing that I want is anything that can take away from that.

My experience with MTRC has been 100% pleasant so far, and $25 is a minuscule price to pay for that. Which is probably a good thing because y'all know I'm po'!

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good stuff all the way around! Glad you didn't have a major malfunction, Chris.

Brandon

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 171 73.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 41 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back