Why can’t I put a CSB with other nems??

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a CSB yesterday and the vendor was ADAMANT that I don’t put it with any other anemones. Why is this? Is there a real reason? If I put it with my RBTA would they hurt each other?

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I bought a CSB yesterday and the vendor was ADAMANT that I don’t put it with any other anemones. Why is this? Is there a real reason? If I put it with my RBTA would they hurt each other?
I don’t have a CSB but I’ve had lots of bubble tips. I can’t remember where, but there is a CSB thread on here somewhere and this is discussed. I think the general consensus amongst the CSB owners was not to do it. I remember that some people had issues and everyone else was just being cautious because of how expensive they are.

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is a CSB nem?
Colorado Sunburst Anemone

Many have tried to mix them and failed. Basically it's chemical warfare between the nems. I keep all of my CSB's in a separate CSB only tank. If you mix them with wild nems in particular you're not likely to have a CSB for vey long...

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Colorado Sunburst Anemone

Many have tried to mix them and failed. Basically it's chemical warfare between the nems. I keep all of my CSB's in a separate CSB only tank. If you mix them with wild nems in particular you're not likely to have a CSB for vey long...
giphy.gif

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just other BTAs that you need to be careful. My CSB is fine in my tank with my ritteri (H. magnifica) and S. gigantea anemones.

OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it splits can I have one?
Sure, I’ll be selling them here on R2R when it starts to split. I do feed my nems every day so they grow very very fast. The RBTA I started out with was almost exactly this size and now it’s bigger than my fully extended hand and it’s only been a month. Hoping for a similar growth rate with this guy but this is my first time handling a CSB.

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No debate about that, but SHEEEEEEESH lol
I wait until they are coming down in price before I even look at them. And my fish seem not to care too much about fancy colors anyways. My wild whitemargin latifasciatus actually prefer the dull green Vietnamese BTAs over the far more flashy RBTAs I also have in their tank.

OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wait until they are coming down in price before I even look at them. And my fish seem not to care too much about fancy colors anyways. My wild whitemargin latifasciatus actually prefer the dull green Vietnamese BTAs over the far more flashy RBTAs I also have in their tank.
Both of my clowns completely ignore my nems. They prefer the Duncan and the hammer. Blissful ignorance. But since they’re hopping around so much these days I’m hoping they try to give the anemone a spin.

ReefHomieJon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both of my clowns completely ignore my nems. They prefer the Duncan and the hammer. Blissful ignorance. But since they’re hopping around so much these days I’m hoping they try to give the anemone a spin.
My clarkii used to live in my torch until I dropped the RBTA In There and then he quickly made the switch. My oscellaris sometimes hangs out in my frogspawn during the day but at night it just hovers a flat rock lol

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, I’ll be selling them here on R2R when it starts to split. I do feed my nems every day so they grow very very fast. The RBTA I started out with was almost exactly this size and now it’s bigger than my fully extended hand and it’s only been a month. Hoping for a similar growth rate with this guy but this is my first time handling a CSB.
Good luck with that. CSB's generally don't split very often which is one of the reasons that the price doesn't come down. I've had mine for 2 years and it has split once. The video I post is 2 CSB both of which are over 12" in diameter...

Last edited:
OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with that. CSB's generally don't split very often which is one of the reasons that the pric doesn't come down. I've had mine for 2 years and it has split once. The video I post is 2 CSB both of which are over 12" in diameter...
Woahhhh that’s crazy. I might try out artificially splitting them on one of my RBTAs then but idk I’m really scared of doing that. Hopefully mine decides to split a little more often.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back