Why can't I keep LPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter dakoop
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
The million dollar question is what fish are in the tank? Maybe a fish that was added developed a taste for acans & other LPS?
Have not witnessed anything. Cbb or coral beauty could be issues. Other fish 2 clowns, wrasse, Midas blenny, bengai and pajama cardinals, hawk fish, pink spotted sand sifter and lawn mower blenny.. I thin that's it. Couple urchins
 
Make sure it's right? I only ask this because I literally just dealt with this. My calibration fluid was off so my refractometer was off. Bought a Tropic Marin Hydrometer and no looking back.
Triton agrees with my refractometer.
 

Attachments

  • SmartSelect_20240521_211351_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20240521_211351_Chrome.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 46
I had a copper banded butterfly that was reef safe for years then one day it started to eat all of my LPS, I lost quite a few lps before I figured it out. The only other thing that might be an issue in an older tank could be metal contamination from a bad magnet in a pump or other item. Did you do an ICP test?

Good luck,

Darren
 
I haven't had any acans in a while now and the porcupine was traded in. Icp test came back clean of metals
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new