Why did blue tang start to hide?

starfish67

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2025
Messages
50
Reaction score
60
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20250829_154347_F3A52E5F-CB38-4616-9E8B-E4DF74551DB7.png

So we just started a new tank. Our water was fine we got it tested for new starter fish. The blue tang was add a week later and was swimming with all the other fish for half week. Last day and a half he hiss is the same spot he sleeps at night. Was eating fine. He ate few frozen shrimp. No bites. I don’t witness any bullying and I’m home with my tank all day since I work from home. What can it be?
 
20250829_154347_F3A52E5F-CB38-4616-9E8B-E4DF74551DB7.png

So we just started a new tank. Our water was fine we got it tested for new starter fish. The blue tang was add a week later and was swimming with all the other fish for half week. Last day and a half he hiss is the same spot he sleeps at night. Was eating fine. He ate few frozen shrimp. No bites. I don’t witness any bullying and I’m home with my tank all day since I work from home. What can it be?
Right now that looks like normal blue tang behavior. When i had one he got stuck all the time going into random spots. I always gave mine a day and if it was still there I would make sure it wasnt stuck
 
20250829_154347_F3A52E5F-CB38-4616-9E8B-E4DF74551DB7.png

So we just started a new tank. Our water was fine we got it tested for new starter fish. The blue tang was add a week later and was swimming with all the other fish for half week. Last day and a half he hiss is the same spot he sleeps at night. Was eating fine. He ate few frozen shrimp. No bites. I don’t witness any bullying and I’m home with my tank all day since I work from home. What can it be?
Right now that looks like normal blue tang behavior. When i had one he got stuck all the time going into random spots. I always gave mine a day and if it was still there I would make sure it wasnt stuck
No he’s not stuck but great suggestion. I just looked again his lil fins are moving but he’s just hiding. Just weird that after 4 days he seems like it’s a new environment. Maybe I should get one more blue tang if they’re social?
 
No he’s not stuck but great suggestion. I just looked again his lil fins are moving but he’s just hiding. Just weird that after 4 days he seems like it’s a new environment. Maybe I should get one more blue tang if they’re social?
No no no unless you have a huge tank…
 
No he’s not stuck but great suggestion. I just looked again his lil fins are moving but he’s just hiding. Just weird that after 4 days he seems like it’s a new environment. Maybe I should get one more blue tang if they’re social?
No no no unless you have a huge tank…
 
20250829_154347_F3A52E5F-CB38-4616-9E8B-E4DF74551DB7.png

So we just started a new tank. Our water was fine we got it tested for new starter fish. The blue tang was add a week later and was swimming with all the other fish for half week. Last day and a half he hiss is the same spot he sleeps at night. Was eating fine. He ate few frozen shrimp. No bites. I don’t witness any bullying and I’m home with my tank all day since I work from home. What can it be?
That's pretty much just normal juvenile tang behaviour.

Give it month or two and it'll probably be swimming around with the rest of the community.
 
Ok thanks yea you’re probably right . Got a great collection of LPS today at Reefapalooza today so excited 😆
 
20250829_154347_F3A52E5F-CB38-4616-9E8B-E4DF74551DB7.png

So we just started a new tank. Our water was fine we got it tested for new starter fish. The blue tang was add a week later and was swimming with all the other fish for half week. Last day and a half he hiss is the same spot he sleeps at night. Was eating fine. He ate few frozen shrimp. No bites. I don’t witness any bullying and I’m home with my tank all day since I work from home. What can it be?
That's pretty much just normal juvenile tang behaviour.

Give it month or two and it'll probably be swimming around with the rest of the community.
Thanks so much 😊
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new