why do I go through Di

Robertchrisroph

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
236
Reaction score
40
Location
Ukiah ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. That says it all. I get about 50 gallons and then I get 1 tds. With a meter. Lol. All summer. Says 2 to 4 going in. Thanks. It's a 5 stage brs. All clean filters
 
I'm going to guess that you are on a well. If that is the case, when someone consumes DI within a short period of time, it's most likely from high CO2 in the water. The solution is to first store RO water overnight while running a bubbler and then pass it through the DI resin.
 
I had a guy at a pretty reputable company who'll remain anonymous, that if you switch back to the black resin you'll get more use than the color change. Since you use a meter any way, it's harmless and cheaper anyway.
 
Hi Robert are you using color changing di and also do you pack your own cartridge?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new