Why do you keep zoas?

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone were to ask you why you keep zoas, what would you say or show them?

Personally I keep zoas because it is one of the few "easier" corals that consistently has new morphs coming out. If you stay off the internet for a week or more you can come back and find enough eye candy to make your head spin.

Another plus is the fact that they can grow quickly (unless your name is ficklefins), so fragging and trading can be a quick turnaround even for the newest collector. You can also score some nice pieces for a decent price if you know what to look for, or get lucky.

fragTiles.jpg

greenbabyblue22.jpg

Smarsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
because they are beautiful little flowers of the ocean. I love all the bright colors and different morphs, plus their ease of care is great!

Sandy

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
because they are beautiful little flowers of the ocean. I love all the bright colors and different morphs, plus their ease of care is great!

Sandy

Hey this would b my same answers. Thats what I tell people when they ask. I tell them that they are like beautiful little flowers. They add so much beauty and color to your tank.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok the real reason:

lehasslecolony-2.jpg

hasslepaly.jpg

minibowmatt

2 zoos for me, 1 for you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also say that I like them because of the varied colorations, speed of growth and thier movement in the water. I dont like SPS or many hardcorals because they just look like sticks... (colorful, but sticks non the less)

Periette

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rev, I gotta have one of those to go with my "knight rider" and "baywatch" paly's :naka:

Rev, that's hilarious. They'd sell like hotcakes in Europe. I hear he's still popular there. :) In any event, I use the flower comparison all the time. The colors, growth (like raising plants - also love that), and variety (I have ADHD) make me happy and since I'm a hedonist at heart, all things in my life must ultimately make me happy (except the job - but that pays the bills and affords me coral, which...and so on).

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them because they're easy, they grow fast, there are lots of varieties, and I don't have to worry about KH and Ca like I do with my colored sticks :(

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them because of all corals I truly think they are the most varied in color of any coral. I think most people give them no credit when it comes to difficulty, although they seem to be easy honestly think they are more fickle then most other corals. When you have problems with zoanthids there are never tell tale signs of what is exactly wrong(parameters, pest etc...). There is no other coral out there that can compete with the amount of colors that have come in the last 2-3 years. We are still getting new and wilder color variations......The colors really make a tank look like an abstract picture only mother nature could paint or God which ever you choose.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To be honest I dont see why micros get all the hype. There are alot more morphs of zoas and palys. Zoas and palys are just as beautiful, and cost less. Palys and zoas grow just as fast if not faster than micros, and they dont need as much attention being hand fed.

plaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because they are great looking, colorful and grow fast... also because the people on this forum all seem great!

I also keep and really love the colorful sticks. However, when people ask me why I keep those I usually just tell them the truth - "I don't know, but I am pretty sure I am completely insane or I would have stopped long ago:)!"

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back