Why has my coral retracted? What am I doing wrong?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Seno2k
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Seno2k

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2020
Messages
24
Reaction score
4
Location
San Francisco
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just introduced this new LPS into my tank. In its normal state, it has a number of longish tentacles that protrude out and sway with the water. However, ever since I’ve introduced it it’s been in this retracted state. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on? I have no idea what I might have done wrong. For reference, it’s the coral on the left in the photo attached.

IMG_0665.jpeg
 
Hi, and welcome! Let's see if we can figure this out.

Is it a torch?
How long has it been in your tank?
How old is your tank?
What are your parameters (nitrate, phosphate, alkalinity, calcium, magnesium, salinity, and temperature) and have there been any swings since you added the coral?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new