Why is my Mag 1700+? Not dosing it

  • Thread starter Thread starter jayteerq
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jayteerq

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2024
Messages
841
Reaction score
425
Location
Worcester, MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Using Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt which comes at 1350 Mag. I am dosing 50mL per day of AFR and 1000mL per day of Kalkwasser. What can be causing my Magnesium to rise so high? Is this bad? Should I do a WC?
1739304720549.png
 
You. Need to verify salinity and water changes don't do hardly anything to lower magnesium.
 
Both are verified by things that might be inaccurate. If both are accurate, the only other possibility is that the salt mix is way off, which is less likely.
 
If things in the tank look good, I'd just get a 2nd opinion from an LFS.

Measuring the new salt water is another possible step.
 
It's a Trident? Does the test solution show different results if it runs low, or does the test solution settle?
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new