Why is my trident really unreliable with its results?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
McDonald's is fine dining because they are popular.

I think we would agree anyone going to McDonald's knows what they are in for, right?

Edit: but trying to see your point not everyone has the same experience say when visiting Ruth's Chris Steak House.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we would agree anyone going to McDonald's knows what they are in for, right?

Edit: but trying to see your point not everyone has the same experience say when visiting Ruth's Chris Steak House.

I mean I just ate a QP with cheese and bacon like an hour ago,and well it was actually really good. Hasn't even made me poop yet. Thats gotta be worth something,no ?

EDIT: And for Ruth's Chris,TRASH lol. My wife told me I can cook a better steak with a skillet and blow torch :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:.

Last edited:

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The calcium and magnesium are spot on. I’d suspect your alkalinity is lower than 8.3 especially if you are taking Salifert all the way to the blue like they recommend on their instructions. The actual end point for that test is before blue.

Even if your Trident is reading 1dkh low, if it does so consistently, does it really matter the number?

tgrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The calcium and magnesium are spot on. I’d suspect your alkalinity is lower than 8.3 especially if you are taking Salifert all the way to the blue like they recommend on their instructions. The actual end point for that test is before blue.

Even if your Trident is reading 1dkh low, if it does so consistently, does it really matter the number?
I agree. I know it's slightly off. In my case reading slightly low. I just keep that number stable. I do not care about the actual number.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back