Why is this local store having issues with their lps ?

OP
OP
R

Reeffragger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d have some mp 60’s in that tank like 3 and 4 or 5 xr30 you have to have a lot of expendable capital to start a store of this caliber and you definitely got to be willing to try different things in this hobby especially if your killing your stock

Yea i ment the 3rd gen koralias because he had like 10 on shelf right there.. vs spending 1000$ on pumps. Until he can afford them you know ?

But he said some weird thing.. that if he uses the koralias he can never sell them again.. Im like uhh ok so what ? And hes like laws wont let me sell that brand pump in store again.. Lol im like what are you talking about man... lol

And 3 feet over he has them in his tanks with his fish LOL

Colin_1122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering how the store is doing now? Hoping to go check it out tomorrow or Saturday

OP
OP
R

Reeffragger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering how the store is doing now? Hoping to go check it out tomorrow or Saturday

I went yesturday. He has mostly big colonys of lps. Lots of plate corals. I sold my golden paly colony to him for 100$. The corals selection still isnt as big as capitol aquarium. And he still has not changed the lighting on his leds. Its just all blues still..

The favia captain american colony i wanted has died off alot and isnt worth what he is asking. I offered him 200$ 2 months ago and he said no. I havent been there in 2 months almost besides yesturday. And its still there.

So yea.

Its worth checking out for sure. But the corals arent WOW. He does have a false golden hammer colony though.. Looks golden but isnt a true one.

I think he needs to frag his colonies. He wants near 300$ for each one. They wont sell like that. They need to be fragged.

Colin_1122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I noticed that most of the pictures I see online are big colonies. How are the fish doing? I’m having issues with my tank right now, I think it’s because I only have a few fish so my nitrates are at 0 so I’m not sure I want to spend that kind of money on a big colony just to see it not do well. I’m looking for some new fish to try to get my nitrates/phosphates up and hopefully that’ll help my corals.

Colin_1122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember you said something about most of the fish having ich? I have a quarantine for fish but not for inverts and corals so I want to make sure I don’t introduce any diseases into my tank

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggestion would be to offer to take over the care of the coral and then set it up the way it should be for the coral to grow and looking great, when he starts seeing the difference between his way and the correct way, along with the money coming in from coral sales instead of the loss of coral and money, maybe he'll understand why it is done that way.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back