Wicked Reefs 80G build

WickedReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all! I was talking myself out of the hobby because recently some event took place in my tank and wiped out 99% of my sps and i have no explanation on why. Gotta say this reef hobby cost more then my boat . The tank before was a 60 gallon cube. I have a build thread here somewhere but has not been updated in ages. Well over the weekend I decided to take the kiddos to the LFS and look at fish, its their favorite thing to do but i some how i ended up with a deep blue 80 frag tank. Funny how that works out, but let the next adventure begin.

IMG_6076.jpeg

OP
OP
WickedReefs

WickedReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some updates as of last night, pluming almost squared away. I did tint the corner flow area. It actually looks pretty good. Ending up going with a hang on back return so i have the peace of mind with a emergency drain. Dry sand and rock are in the tank and its ready to be filled today.

IMG_6123.jpeg

IMG_6125.jpeg

IMG_6126.jpeg

Jarad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone with the same tank that struggled with how to plumb it best, I'd love to see some shots/drawings/etc of how you decided to do the plumbing lines. Still something I may change on mine, so wanted to see what others were doing. Thanks, and looks like a fun start!

OP
OP
WickedReefs

WickedReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone with the same tank that struggled with how to plumb it best, I'd love to see some shots/drawings/etc of how you decided to do the plumbing lines. Still something I may change on mine, so wanted to see what others were doing. Thanks, and looks like a fun start!

This is about all i have of pictures for the pluming. I just kept simple with this setup.

Attachments

• IMG_6120.jpeg
    IMG_6120.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
WickedReefs

WickedReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is finally filled 85 gallons later and Turbo Start is added. Still got a lot of work to do.

IMG_6129.jpeg

OP
OP
WickedReefs

WickedReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing much done this week since the tank was cycling, added the skimmer and some carbon lastnight to get the water cleaned up a but, bunch of work planned for today. Filter cups are temporary for a few weeks, I'm thinking about running no filter socks, just a skimmer and chaeto.

IMG_6184.jpeg

OP
OP
WickedReefs

WickedReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a few stuff done over the weekend. Aqua scape is done, Lights are finally up, all the fish from the garage tank are in their new home. This tank will get a good amount sunshine in the late afternoon for about an hour so we’ll see how that plays out.

IMG_6189.jpeg

IMG_6190.jpeg

IMG_6195.jpeg

OP
OP
WickedReefs

WickedReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got all the fish from the garage tank to the new tank. Might get some coral and snails in this weekend. Gotta lot of cleaning to do on the corals as they are loaded with the vermited snail pest.

IMG_6212.jpeg

IMG_6215.jpeg

IMG_6264.jpeg

OP
OP
WickedReefs

WickedReefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2/24/2024 update,

Tank is thriving now, had a few hiccups in the beginning, had a small outbreak of dinos and then red cyano but jow the last 2 weeks the water has been crystal clear and all the lps are getting the color back to them.

Im thinking about updating the lights to the non blue G6.

IMG_6889.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back