WiFi Upgrade for Apex?

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if this is the appropriate spot to post this, if it needs moved mods, please feel free.

Let me start by saying that I’m basically a tech idiot, especially for my age. I’ve recently started my build and have an included an apex system. After watching a couple of BRS videos on YouTube I realized how important the apex heartbeat function can be, and that I should probably utilize it. Upon further inspection however, it seems I am not able to with my current WiFi. In fact I was surprised to find out just how bad my WiFi is. Take a look at my connectivity with fusion!

3615B3EA-CF85-4421-8D36-496066B5E5E8.png
B749D167-A3C3-4482-A674-1B83F444158D.png

It would seem that I need to update/ upgrade my router, which I know very little about. In fact I don’t typically use WiFi at the house at all, just cell data. What has me further concerned is all of the other equipment potentially running on WiFi in my home in the near future.

My current router came with my internet service and is this:
F44D58FF-960A-4AAD-9EC8-0880A7716CE1.png

So I guess what I’m asking is, if I upgrade my WiFi router, will it result in a better connection ? And also why is this router so horrible!?

Third question is.. I’ve narrowed it down to the WiFi 6 Orbi mesh system, or the WiFi 6 nighthawk mesh system, and would appreciate thoughts and opinions on which to get and why.

The nighthawk is about $500 less, which I would much rather spend on the tank directly.. but if the extra money makes sense for the Orbi, factoring in future WiFi tho ya in the house, then I’m ok spending it.

Thanks for the help, and sorry I’m tech dysfunctional.

themcfreak

A Surfing Starfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex won't be able to utilize the '6' portion of WiFi 6, but those are def backwards compatible. I will say, I used Orbi and love it. I actually have one of the modules near the Apex, and hardwire the Apex into the Orbi satellite. So while it is still 'on WiFi' the Apex doesn't know it. It has been very stable.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 50 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back