Will aptasia grow directly on zoas

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you did not expressly "advise" it , however sometimes "noobs" read these threads and not always thoroughly so all they see is "boil the rock" and fail to read "I scrubbed them clean first". In any event, there are numerous things in our tanks that we do not want to aerosolize(sp) and yes palys and zoas can be deadly. There are several reports each decade of people getting very sick from boiling rocks. Therefore best practice is just don't do it.
I appreciate your concern and should have mentioned the danger of doing such a thing. Thank you.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you mean literal boil, as in boiling water; yes that’s very dangerous. As @SoggyNW mentioned about the toxins; you can also get air trapped in crevices deep in the rocks and as the temp rises, the rock can explode. Please reef safely!!
I appreciate your concern and should have mentioned the danger of doing such a thing. Thank you.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%

Back