Will feeding my haddoni keep it from eating my fish?

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a Klein’s butterfly in there?!?? Sweet! That’s awesome! I haven’t seen one in a reef in like 10 years. There was a guy named Limpet’s Reef who had one that ate aiptasia. The Haddoni’s are cool but that butterfly is even cooler to me!
Yes - I have 4 tanks = 4 Klein’s butterflies. I used to stress out over aiptasias but no more! Ha They do eat some of my zoas though but hey - small price to pay!

Attachments

• IMG_5678.jpeg
    IMG_5678.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 23

RockBox13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - I have 4 tanks = 4 Klein’s butterflies. I used to stress out over aiptasias but no more! Ha They do eat some of my zoas though but hey - small price to pay!
Hell yeah! A Copperband that does a good job on aiptasia is really cool and helpful. A Klein’s Butterfly does it with a bit of style. I like to see when people take a risk and are rewarded. Nice Lobophyllia by the way. Looks like it has been enjoying that spot for a while.

bakbay

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hell yeah! A Copperband that does a good job on aiptasia is really cool and helpful. A Klein’s Butterfly does it with a bit of style. I like to see when people take a risk and are rewarded. Nice Lobophyllia by the way. Looks like it has been enjoying that spot for a while.
lol - I was pulling my eyeballs out dealing with aiptasias, literally tried everything! I owe this credit (and many thanks) to @vetteguy53081 :)

Lobo: indeed. I’ve had it for more than a decade. It splits into 5 heads and I finally fragged it 4 ways. It’s one extreme survivor over the years!

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought about putting a guard clown pair in the tank. I've tried the clown route but only with percula and Ocellaris. They've ignored the carpet. I've stayed away from jerk clowns like maroon or tomato. Maybe I should try that.
Clarkii’s love haddoni. I had one that would literally go in and out of the mouth of the anemone.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back