Will Frogspawn Recover?

  • Thread starter Thread starter abaker136
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

abaker136

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2024
Messages
18
Reaction score
4
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers.

I have only been in the hobby for about 3 months now and I made a dumb mistake. Tldr a bit of unmixed reef salt made its way into my display section of my tank and hit a few of my corals, most of them are recovering/have recovered but my frog spawn took a huge hit. It's been almost a week now. Will it recover from this over time or is it going to be showing the exposed skeleton going forward?

20240328_131126.jpg 20240328_131134.jpg 20240328_131143.jpg
 
That pretty much looks like it has bailed and the last remnant is getting ready to do the same. Unfortunately, I do not think it is going to recover. I have never been successful in saving once mine have reached the level yours has. But maybe some others have.
 
I will note that i have noticed polyp growth over the past week.
 
That pretty much looks like it has bailed and the last remnant is getting ready to do the same. Unfortunately, I do not think it is going to recover. I have never been successful in saving once mine have reached the level yours has. But maybe some others have.
thanks for the advice, ill keep an eye on it. I will say i have noticed more polyps showing up over the last week so who knows. Its part of the hobby and you learn from mistakes, just sucks it happend to a $100 frag lol.
 
Done
But anything’s possible
Algae with get on the Skeleton.
Sorry
 
I'm new too but I say don't give up. Especially if you are seeing some growth. I did a dumb thing to my elegance coral and it looked pathetic. I posted here with pictures and hung with it and sang it lullabies and sweet talked it. After a month it looks better than it ever did. You might want to give it a brief dip. Once. I over-dipped the hell out of my elegance which is why it crashed. But it fought back. I think yours will fight back. We all want to live.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new