Will he live?

Finding marlon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I got a Wyoming White clownfish yesterday as a potential mate for my large ocellaris clownfish however she definitely did not like the idea and now the Wyoming clown is pretty beat up with little to no tail fin and the same with his dorsal fins. I was able to get a breeder box and separate the two before anything more happened however he is not looking great. I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on what I can do to help him recover or if his injuries are too far for him to bounce back from.

OP
OP
F

Finding marlon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Separate hospital tank, then a separate tank altogether for him to enjoy life if he makes it. It might be able to live but will require some work.
what work should I be doing to try to get him back to full health?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep good parameters and have a place for him to hide. If you try introducing a different clown at some point or the same when healed try using an acclimation box in the tank. Have a shield between them but still able to interact.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+3 to @DeniseAndy @Jekyl and @P-Dub

Could not have gotten better advice. If I could add if it was my fish. I would take all their advice, the separate tank, watch for infection and have antibiotics, good diet (add vitamins), and my contribution is treat the hos tank with API stress coat.
A lot of salt water folk over look the benefits of this simple, easily obtainable item. It has been around forever. I have found over the years it really helps promote slime coat. May just be my wishful thinking, but has never hurt. I have had good results.

Best wishes

OP
OP
F

Finding marlon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks to everyone for their advice. Unfortunately, it turns out that my large clown had bitten and taken almost all the fins of the Wyoming clown except for the pectorals and he passed away.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always read .
once a clownfish transforms to female . She will always be female ...

Introducing another larger , dominant female they will continue fighting to death .

not sure if even a male can go back to being non gender but can only move forward to more dominant role .

Back